*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire, #1)The Greyfriar by Clay Griffith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wasn't looking specifically for Greyfriar, book 1 in the Vampire Empire series when I bought it. I was just snatching up books randomly at a Borders closing sale. I'm so glad that this wasn't one of the books I put back on the shelf! This book has it all- action, horror, magic, technology, politics, a bit of romance, and even a few cats! The characters were so well written that I loved the good guys, and could even empathize with a few of the bad guys. The heroine Adele in particular is very interesting; she's not TSTL, or an over the top tough girl. There's a lot of depth to her character. At 19 years old, she's confident, but knows she's not invincible, responsible, and committed to her plight and committed to being a good empress for her people.

When I started reading this one, I neglected goodreads all day (for once!), I didn't watch television, clean house, or talk the phone. That's how engrossing this story is. I mean, the action starts within the first few pages of the book, and pretty much continues throughout. I've already ordered my copy of The Rift Walker, book 2 in the Vampire Empire trilogy, and will be reading it as soon as it arrives.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment