*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Sunday, March 20, 2011

Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1)Warrior by Zoe Archer


So, I finished reading it. I'm torn between giving 4 or 5 stars (big difference, right!). Because of my new schedule this month, I had to keep picking it up and putting it down, when I would've rather read it one or two sittings- to keep the momentum going. Instead, everytime I picked it up, it seemed that Capt. Huntley and Thailia were staring at each other, and having inappropriate thoughts about each other again. I grew tired of them making goo-goo eyes at each other after a while, and of Gabriel's frequent comparison of Thalia to the typical englishwoman. That said, I loved the hero, the setting, and the action! I haven't read many paranormal/historical romances, but none them have taken place outsided of the UK. Plus, with all of Lisa Kay's pics, I had some really good images in my head while reading. Of course I think Warrior should be made into a movie; how could I not?! While reading it, I kept thinking "this is like a 19th century combination of the Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider movies."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment