*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Sunday, June 9, 2013

Diary of an Ugly DucklingDiary of an Ugly Duckling by Karyn Langhorne

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really don't know what I can say about this book. Audra as a heroine definitely has some layers to her! The author went much deeper with Audra's emotional and body image issues than I expected she would. I think she's one of those characters that everyone can relate to because they've either been in her shoes- in one way or another, or know someone who has. I liked how the author Karyn Langhorne focused on body image, the idea of beauty, and self-perception. This one definitely made me think, and I'd recommend it to anyone that might need reminding that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment