*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fire Baptized (Santeria Habitat, #1)Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really like the world building in Fire Baptized. In addition to the supernatural beings being forced to live in caged city away from humans, there was a murder mystery, and a love triangle. The heroine Lanore was a nice change of pace for me. She was put into some situations right from the very beginning and had enough sense to be afraid, but would also do what she had to do to defend herself- the balance was so refreshing! She was definitely interesting enough that I'd like to see how things play out in the rest of the series. The other characters were interesting enough too, and I expect to see them grow as the series progresses. One thing though, I was able to predict who the killer was very early on before the author start giving up the information. Overall, very well written, and I'm so glad that Lanore had locs!



View all my reviews

2 comments: