*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Friday, July 19, 2013

Iced (Dani O'Malley #1) (Fever #6)Iced (Dani O'Malley #1) by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have to say I really enjoyed it. I love world that KMM created, and I loved Dani as the main character. However, there were definitely some eyebrow raising things that took place. I wouldn't want anyone getting confused by Dani being 14years old, and thinking this is YA novel. It most definitely is dark, with sexual references all over the place! I think the "Fever" world KMM tops most of the urban fantasy/ pnr novels I've ever read. I'll admit, I had trouble wrapping my mind around a Christian's growing affection/obsession towards Dani; but he's definitely a troubled individual, that I'm hoping will be redeemed as the series progresses. Ryodan- I'm not exactly seeing that he's in love with, or waiting for Dani growing up, or anything like that. I was beginning to think that, but then the relationship with Jo was introduced into the story. I truly enjoyed Dancer's character, and can't wait to learn more about him. Now, he's the one I'm rooting for to get the girl! In regards to Kat: At first I was thinking that having her narrate was just adding "fluff" to the story, but I was wrong! Definitely added more depth and something more to look forward to in the next book. Even though I feel somewhat cheated by having yet another cliff hanger from KMM, and not getting enough background on Ryodan, and Dancer, I'm definitely looking forward to the next book in the trilogy.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment