*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Monday, July 22, 2013

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1)Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I think Tempest Rising is a great start to a new series. The world building reminded me of some other series that I've read, but has totally different beings, and a solid mystery that kept me reading. I know some reviewers compared Jane to Sookie Stackhouse, but I just didn't see it. I found Jane to be a unique heroine, with a background different from anything that I've read. There's some more that Jane can do as the series progresses. I'll continue with this series at some point so I can see Jane grow as a character, and get more in the Ryu/ Anyan backstory.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment