*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Sunday, July 28, 2013

Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1)Queen of Shadows by Dianne Sylvan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


First off, I've never been to Austin, TX, but thanks to this author, I'm dying to take a trip NOW! That said, this is a dark urban fantasy novel that started out great, and I couldn't put it down. Then, towards the middle it slowed down a bit for me, and I found myself struggling not to skim. Aside from the great description of Austin, the overall world-building felt incomplete to me, but I feel like the gaps will be filled in as the series progresses. I love Miranda as a heroine, even though there were a few cheesy scenes, I can't wait to get more into her character in the next book. I loved, loved, loved David! He was one of the few male leads that I've read about lately that's not an extreme alpha that see's the heroine and he's saying "mine!" all the time. I loved the fact that he was geeky too- just loved him! I also hope to read more about Faith, Dev and Jonathan.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment