*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson (Book 1)


I would describe this book as "paranormal chick-lit." In addition to being a quick, and easy read, it was funny, and the characters were likeable. It was so refreshing to read a story where the humor wasn't overdone, and the heroine wasn't a total air-head in need of constant saving, or an extreme tough girl. In fact, all the characters were "just right" in my opinion. I'll most likely be reading the next installment in this series sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

  1. For any young woman who has ever felt that she isn't making it in the "real world", this is a page-turning novel that has you sympathizing and cheering for the heroine from the first chapter to the last. It isn't hard, classic fiction, but it is a real, delightful story about someone who finds themselves in over their head, and deals with it the way strong women always do. It is a fantasy, with magic and wizards, but the emotions in it are so true to life that you understand where the main character is coming from, even if you will never have a conversation with a gargoyle.

    ReplyDelete