*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Somber Island by T. Lynne Tollis

Somber IslandSomber Island by T. Lynne Tolles


Based on the synopsis, I thought Somber Island had the makings of a great historical/ paranormal romance/ Cinderella-ish, gothic tale, but it just fell short for me. I think that if it were longer, the story could've been better developed, and the events flushed out. Things were happening too quickly, without any follow up to some major events that had taken place. Perhaps a prologue giving a back story on the hero, the villain etc, could've added to the mystery; and a little more background on the heroine would've added some depth to her character so the reader could actually care what happened to her. Not only was the heroine Phoebe just silly at times, so was the hero, the villain, and even the supporting characters. That said, the cover is just beautiful; if I could give it 5 stars for the cover alone, I would.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment