*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mind Games (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #1)Mind Games by Carolyn Crane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took me a a little while to get to get into this one, but once I did it was hard to put it down. At first, I had some trouble wrapping my mind around the heroine Justine's "superpower." Justine is a severe hypochondriac, and I just didn't see how that could be useful fighting crime. With Packard's help, the head of the disillusionists, she can project her fears into criminal targets in need of mental rehabilitation, causing them to have a better appreciation for life etc. That said, this was a different take on psychics, or "highcaps" as referred to in the world that Carolyn Crane has created; the author definitely gets points for originality. Thankfully, I'm glad that I have the second book in this trilogy readily available as there was some hint of an upcoming love triangle, and I'd like to see how that turns out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment