*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Monday, January 31, 2011

TwistTwist by Colby Hodge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just finished reading Twist, and I loved it! There's so many things that I like about this novel. For starters, there's time-travel, romance, a tortured hero, aliens/vampires, a likeable heroine who's realistic, and a femme fatale villain! And don't even get me started on Jayne the cat, and Charlie the dog! When I started reading, I couldn't put this book down. Colby Hodge did an excellent job with the paceing of this story. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. The action was well spaced and suspenseful, the romance between Shane the hero, and Abbey the heroine was perfectly paced, and there was some real romantic tension that had me rooting for them to get together. After reading the synopsis, I expected a lot of silliness. I just didn't expect a romantic story involving aliens and time travel to be so well executed. This was the first Shomi novel that I've read, and it saddens me that Shomi novels are no longer being published. Thankfully, I have other Shomi novels on hand won't wait as long to read them as I did to read Twist.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment