*HELLO*

Welcome to my blog. I'm just a regular person that enjoys reading. I participate in multiple online bookclubs as well as monthly and yearly reading challenges. I love discussing the books that I've read, and plan on reading. Although I'll post my book reviews from various genre's, most will be from romance sub-genre's such paranormal romance, sci-fi romance, and romantic suspense; in addition to urban fantasy.




Saturday, January 15, 2011

In the Eye of the Beholder by Sharon E. Cathcart

It was ok. Erik was just too different from what I remember. I remember him being guarded, and a bit arrogant in the original by Gaston Leroux, but there were just times when he just cruel towards Claire.  I found myself rooting for the heroine- Claire though; after everything she'd been through - being an over thirty independent thinker in a society that doesn't value women, losing her father and having to have and unknown male relative control her assets, losing her fiancee
, and then putting up with Erik, how could I not?! I'd most certainly recommend this one to POTO fans. It was nice to read a "sequel" and for those wondering how Erik fared after Christine Daae, might feel like they've gotten some sort of closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment